EVERYONE IS WELLCOME
We now are able to send you details about the upcoming “Sensei Higashi dojo 60th anniversary
This will be a very special weekend to celebrate sensei Higashi’s dojo 60th anniversary.
We expect many of our members, past and present, will be there.
The event will be held Friday to Sunday, March 31 to Sunday April 2, 2023, in Toronto.
Important development: Kyu belts (see specifics below) are invited to participate at the
Saturday training sessions.
• Location: Pan Pacific Hotel, Toronto, 900 York Mills Rd, North York, ON M3B 3H2 (same
placed as where we had our 2022 AGM last year).
• Training schedule:
Friday ─ March 31, 2023 (for Shihans and Renshis)
• 9 to 11:30 a.m. ─ Training
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. ─ Lunch
• 1 to 3:30 p.m. ─ Training
Saturday ─ April 1, 2023 (for 10 y.o. and up, orange belts and up, including all yudanshas)
Important: The Saturday training sessions will be delivered in targeted fashion to the various
levels. Details to be provided once finalized.
• 9 to 10:15 a.m. ─ Training
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. ─ Break
• 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. ─ Training
• 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. ─ Lunch
• 1 to 2:15 p.m. ─ Training
• 2:15 p.m. ─ Break and pictures
• 3 p.m. ─ everyone must leave the training area
• Evening ─ Celebration Banquet/gala
Sunday ─ April 2, 2023 (for all Yudanshas)
• 9 to 10:30 a.m. ─ Training
• 10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. ─ Break
• 10:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. ─ Training
• 12 p.m. ─ Pictures and end of weekend seminar
• Celebration gala (meal and event activities):
Saturday April 1, 2023
Location: Grand Ballroom, Pan Pacific Hotel (18:00 start).
Sensei Murray Sutherland, as MC, will coordinate the event with a committee of several
volunteers who have stepped-up to help.
Saturday Training session: $30.00
Celebration gala (including the meal): $75.00
Payment methods and instructions for Saturday April 1st Clinic and Banquet:
The following methods of payment are accepted:
– Send an e-transfer to email@example.com. Security question = Sensei,
Security answer = Higashi
– Mail cheque to Canadian Chito Ryu Karate, c/o Sheila Stumpf, 1796 Courtwood
Crescent, Ottawa ON K2C 2B5
– Call Sheila Stumpf at (613) 727-7474 ext. 32 during regular business hours to pay by
Pan Pacific Hotel reservation instructions:
Reservations will be received via Call-In: As guests will be calling in to our Reservations
Department, please ensure that they specify Can Chito-Ryu -Renshi and Shihan Clinic when
reserving by March 06, 2023, to access Group rates. Guests can contact Hotel Reservations at
416-444-2511 X 5284 or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual reservation must
be guaranteed with a credit card or advance deposit.